Thursday 3 May 2012



You  Won

The battle ground was set for you from the womb
You arrived with a promise of a quick and painful defeat
Surrounded by myths of the dragon and its fire
What a welcome into the arena of needles
Two moons, Three months the gamblers predict
Just waiting to share words of comfort

My friend you fought the war like a stallion
Your courage greater than your stature
Many battles left the gamblers wondering how come?
Like the biblical David you shocked the doubters
Your sword was Jehovah Rahpa
Never scared of going back home to

I was in Wogsalg when I heard you left
With a loud shout I screamed my God!!!
then I remembered your philosophy about life
those you shared as we took journies to  Arawk
So confident in my skills on the tar you say
Now I can hear your confident voice whispering to me again
Ore mi…, I am gone but I won!!!

                                                                          Omo-Ekun, Ilu-Nla

Dedicated to my Buddy who passed on after a battle with Sickle Cell Anemia

No comments:

Post a Comment